May 11, 2017 / Leave a Comment
NikoBella Photography, LLC uses natural, outdoor settings to highlight your genuine attributes giving a true reflection of your personality and your business.
Capturing a professional headshot doesn’t have to look stuffy or even corporate. Showing your personality is just as important as the experience on your resume, but don’t be tempted to use your cellphone to take your headshot. Blurry, duck face selfies are not what we are talking about here. Headshots convey a lot about you as a person and indicate how you do business. Here are 5 tips to keep in mind:
1. Keep it current – Headshots shouldn’t be older than 3-4 years. While you might be tempted to use your picture from college on social media, what happens when you meet your client and you aren’t 22 anymore? NBP will make sure you have your best face forward because now is your best age!
2. Keep your head up – Mom was right when she said sit up straight! Your posture shapes how you appear and do business. Sit or stand tall to project confidence and professionalism. NBP will guide you on posing, head position, and expression to bring out your best. Trust NBP and don’t forget to believe in yourself!
3. Keep your image – Asking your friend to take your photo with their cellphone may seem tempting and cheap but with headshots — you get what you pay for. Don’t hurt your professional image with an amateur headshot. A poorly taken photo conveys a sense of sloppiness and lack of attention to detail that carries over to your business and its reputation. Do it right the first time with NBP. NBP headshots can be used for a variety of purposes from social media and resumes to marketing materials and website design. We can work with your company to ensure portraits are consistent across the whole team so branding is consistent on all materials.
4. Keep eye contact – Sounds silly, but look at the camera like your look at your clients. This helps with any shyness in front of the lens and shows genuine expression. Think about how you want to convey yourself in business. Positive and friendly? Knowledgeable, trustworthy, successful? NBP will help you bring out your most important characteristics during the photo shoot.
5. Keep it simple or get creative – Some clients want a uniform photo where the backdrop is basic. NBP can definitely meet those needs. However, you can look just as confident and professional while projecting your personality in a more natural setting. NBP specializes in outdoor business portraits helping to highlight you, your business and its branding. Maybe you’re more comfortable in your element, NBP can capture portraits where you shine the most. i.e. Real estate agents in front of gorgeous homes with a SOLD signs, Architects in front of their designs, etc.
NBP can help your business determine the type of photo that is right for your branding. We will work with you and your business to get the perfect shot with high-quality results you can use in a wide variety of sizes and formats moving forward.
For more information email email@example.com or call 443-244-7821!